McKinney Community Band operations are overseen by a five-member Board of Directors. The immediate Past President serves on the Board in an ex-officio capacity.
2016-17 MCB Board of Directors
- President: Tom Evans
- Vice-President/Personnel: Marsha Hope
- Secretary: Kristin Williams
- Treasurer: Chris Heider
- Concert Manager: Judy Kysley
- Ex-Officio Immediate Past President: Marsha Hope
Board terms are for two with each person holding a position being restricted to two consecutive terms in that position.
The President and Concert Manager are elected in even-numbered calendar years and the Vice President/Personnel, Treasurer, and Secretary are elected in odd-numbered calendar years.
The Artistic Director/Conductor and the Associate Conductor do not have term limits. These include:
- Artistic Director/Conductor: Jeremy Kondrat
- Associate Conductor: Elmer Schenk
Members filling non-voting officer positions are appointed by the Board with a simple majority vote and do not have term limits. These positions include:
- Librarian: Vicky Putman
- Website Technology Coordinator/Finance & Grant Committee: Chris Heider
- Publicity Coordinator/Web Editor: Beth Shumate
- Property Manager(s): Marsha Hope/Tom Evans